25 hospitalised in UP after food poisoning at wedding

upLucknow, (IANS) More than two dozen people have been admitted to various hospitals here after they consumed food at a wedding late on Monday, police said on Tuesday.

The wedding at Jabrauli village in Mohanlalganj was attended by people from nearby areas and after consuming the food many started vomiting and reported of loose motions.

Senior district officials rushed to the wedding site as the news of food poisoning was reported. Some elderly and children were also taken to a nearby community health centre (CHC) for treatment.

Rakesh Kumar, who hosted the wedding dinner, told the police that somebody may have poisoned the food.

Officials have collected samples of the food and sent them for lab testing.

K.P. Tripathi, a CHC superintendent, said that while most of the patients were being treated at their homes, over a dozen were under observation for serious dehydration and other complications.

Medaram Jathara

Connect with us

© 2012 - 2016 VIL Media Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved,
Contents of v6news.tv are copyright protected.Copy and/or reproduction and/or re-use of contents or any part thereof,
without consent of VIL Media is illegal.Such persons will be prosecuted.