Ammonia leak near Goa airport causes alarm

Panaji, (IANS) Dozens of residents in South Goa were evacuated from their homes by disaster response teams after a tanker carrying ammonia gas turned turtle, causing a leakage.

The accident occurred at 3:30 a.m. in Chicalim village near the Dabolim International Airport, some 25 km from here, the police said.

Fire tenders and members of the state’s disaster response team rushed to the site to contain the damage.

Two women were rushed to a hospital after they complained of breathlessness.

“We have cordoned off the area and efforts are on to contain the leakage,” a police officer said.

Medaram Jathara

Connect with us

© 2012 - 2016 VIL Media Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved,
Contents of are copyright protected.Copy and/or reproduction and/or re-use of contents or any part thereof,
without consent of VIL Media is illegal.Such persons will be prosecuted.