Day old T Act being doctored

jairam

The AP Reorganization Bill has become an Act and the Gazette was released just yesterday. But the Central Government has already started making changes to it by issuing three correction ordinances after yesterday evening’s Cabinet meeting. These three changes are in relation with the implementation of special status to the remaining Andhra Pradesh state, the Polavaram submerging area to be added to Seemandhra, and finally on the division of electricity between the two states.

The Central cabinet has decided to immediately implement the assurances given to Seemandhra region by the PM in Rajyasabha with regard to the five year special status. The cabinet has asked the Planning Commission to immediately look into the matter and take necessary steps in fund allocation and other necessary steps.

The second change is with regard to the villages submerging under Polavaram project. Earlier, the government has said that only the villages facing inundation will be added to Seemandhra, but now, it has decided the five mandals entirely and few villages from two other mandals will be added to Seemandhra. This step is being adapted so that rehabilitation and compensation to be given to the displaced persons be handled within the village, mandal and by the same state, said Union Minister Jairam Ramesh.

The third issue is with regard to the distribution of electricity. Earlier, the electricity being produced was to be distributed based on the realtime usage calculated from the last five year period. Now, 85% of the electricity will be allotted as per population percentage based on Gadgil formula, remaining 15% only will be divided based on last five year usage.

Union Minister Jairam Ramesh has indicated that there can be further changes to the Act.

Medaram Jathara

Connect with us



© 2012 - 2016 VIL Media Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved,
Contents of v6news.tv are copyright protected.Copy and/or reproduction and/or re-use of contents or any part thereof,
without consent of VIL Media is illegal.Such persons will be prosecuted.