The Mukul Mudgal committee findings on IPL have been devastating. While Meiyappan has been indicted, further inquiry is ordered against RR owners Raj Kundra. In an entire game damaging situation, fingers are being pointed at Team India captain Dhoni. Under the circumstances, The seventh edition auctions of IPL, happening at Bengaluru are going to astronomical figures on one side and absolute disinterest on the other.
This is the first time player auctions are happening in Rupees. The minimum base price for any player is 10 lakhs, the maximum base price will be two crores. The IPL 7 will start in April. Recently snubbed by his home team, Kevin Pieterson commanded a hefty 9 crore pay packet from Delhi.
Yuvraj Singh got the maximum price of 14 crores, bought by Bangalore team, Sehwag went for a modest 3.20 crores to Punjab.
* Murli Vijay (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Delhi Daredevils for Rs 5 crore
* Kevin Pietersen (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Delhi Daredevils for Rs 9 crore
* Yuvraj Singh (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 14 crore
* Jacques Kallis (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 5.5 crore
* Virender Sehwag (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Kings XI Punjab for Rs 3.20 crore
* David Warner (Base price: Rs 1.5 crore) to Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 5.50 crore
* Mitchell Johnson (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Kings XI Punjab for Rs 6.50 crore
* George Bailey (Base price: Rs 2 crore) sold to Kings XI Punjab for Rs 3.25 crore
* Darren Sammy (Base price: Rs 1 crore) sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 3.50 crore
* Faf du Pessis (Base price Rs 1.50 crore) sold Chennai Super Kings for Rs 4.75 crore
* Unsold: Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka)