The airport officials reported that the roof of the building is damaged due to cyclone. The runways were covered all under water making no possibility of movement for any aircraft.
The officials further informed that all the flights have been cancelled as a precautionary measure. The services will be restored in a day or two.
Similarly, the most major source of public transport, Railways, is also severely hit by ‘Hudhud’. Several trains have been cancelled while some has to be halted partially.
The details of the halted services are as below:
• Mumbai-Bhubaneswar, Tirupathi-Puri Express cancelled.
• 11 PM Nizamuddin-Vishaka Express cancelled.
• Vijayawada- Vishaka passenger only till Rajahmundry.
• 10 AM Hyderabad-Howrah-East Coast express redirected via Nagpur.
• Nagara Syoal- Shalimar rerouted via Nagpur.
Partially halted Train services:
• Mumbai- Vishaka only till Vijayawada.
• Khajipeta- Vishaka till Vijayawada.
• Nizamuddin – Vishakhapatnam Swarna Jayanthi till Vijayawada.