On receipt of info, fire fighting team from Mogulpura rushed into service after 2 hours of fighting, the fire brigade controlled the blaze with no casualty reported. Mogulpura fire officer said the chimney of the kitchen that had not been cleaned for about a year had a thick layer of smoke, ash and oil on its side. He added that blaze started in kitchen around 6 am, material kept in the kitchen and furniture inside the hotel was completely damaged.
Property loss estimated Rs 25 lakhs.
Pahadishareef police registered a case, based on cpmplaint by the owner of hotel, Ali Abdul.