“Restrictions and deployments of police and CRPF were also made in some other parts of the Valley today (Thursday),” a senior police official said here.
The separatists, in their latest protest calendar have extended the protest shutdown till September 29.
Two gunfights have continued near the Line of Control (LoC) for the last three days in Uri and Naugam sectors where army said infiltration bids were foiled.
While one soldier has been killed in these gunfights, there is no evidence so far of any guerrilla having been killed.
The state government has not been able to open educational institutions in the Valley although the opening of schools and colleges remains the topmost priority of the ruling PDP-BJP coalition.
So far, 86 civilians and three policemen have been killed in the present unrest that started here on July 8.
Over 11,500 people have been injured during this period.