Food Safety authorities made clear that the noodles which taste so much and strike the palate of children is not healthy. But most of the people are attracted by the mindboggling adds. Maggie noodles dish, instantly prepared, is the choice of a gourmet particularly children. True but officers said that they contain poisonous chemicals which prove detrimental to your system and it is fatal too. The UP government has banned it. They sent a batch of packets for chemical examination and found that lead was present in dangerous levels and it got it cross checked in Kolkatta labs. UP FDA section identified the lead levels to the extent of 17.2 ppm which was supposed to between 0.01 to 2.5 ppm in the tests conducted.
Based on the UP government complaint the food safety and security officers were getting ready to conduct checks across India. Doctors clarified that if the said noodles are consumed beyond the quota it would cause headache, pain in the neck and face apart from sweating in case the excess MSG is used to raise flavour and excess lead is used for more taste. Doctors also said that if the monosodium is used in excess quantity it would spread in the system and results in nerves weakness. Meanwhile, the Nesle boss found fault with the UP government for banning the product. Nesle also clarified that no ingredient was used in excess. A Swiss based company manufactures the Maggie noodles and India is the top market for it.