NEET gets SC nod, to be held from this year

NEET-supreme-courtThe Supreme Court has on Thursday paved way for common entrance test NEET this year for admission in MBBS and BDS. It has also approved Centre’s proposed two phased schedule for NEET. MCI and CBSE will be conducting 1st phase on May 1.

The Supreme Court earlier in the day had reserved its order on a plea seeking directions to Centre for holding single common entrance test for MBBS, BDS and PG courses through National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).

The Centre and Medical Council of India (MCI) came out with a schedule that All India PMT exam for May 1 would be treated as NEET-1 and the second phase would be treated NEET-2 which will be held on July 24 and combined result would be declared on August 17.

However, the decision to hold the entrance exam through NEET was opposed by states including Tamil Nadu and Association of Karnataka Medical Colleges besides minority institutions like CMC Vellore saying it is illegal and unconstitutional. AP and Telangana have also objected to the decision.

The NGO, which challenged the then SC decision scrapping conduct of NEET, said as many as 90 entrance examinations are being held by private and government authorities separately which resulted in shelling out lakhs of rupees in taking the examination. “It has also been widely noticed that the examinations are not conducted in a free and fair manner and admissions are granted to chosen few,” the plea said.

Connect with us



© 2012 - 2016 VIL Media Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved,
Contents of v6news.tv are copyright protected.Copy and/or reproduction and/or re-use of contents or any part thereof,
without consent of VIL Media is illegal.Such persons will be prosecuted.