Chief minister K. Chandrashekar Rao hoisted the national flag at Golconda fort on the occasion of 68th Independence Day. While addressing the state, Chief Minister said that the Government is committed to implementation of all the promises mentioned in the election manifesto. He expressed happiness over celebrating Independence Day at Golconda fort in the independent state of Telangana. The CM began the prestigious land Distribution scheme for Dalit’s, 3 acre land pattas to dalit women were given away. Two beneficiaries from each district recieved the papers from CM’s hand at the function. CM announced increments for T-employees too on the occasion. KCR received guard of honour from the police battalion. Before coming to Golconda, CM paid tributes to martyrs at Parade Grounds in Secunderabad. He rewarded the commonwealth games medal winners and participants from Telangana. He gave Rs 25 lakh Rupees to students Poorna and Anand, who climbed Mount Everest at the youngest age.
Highlights of KCR’s speech:
- Hyderabad is crown of Telangana history.
- Hyderabad will soon turn into a Wi-Fi city.
- Transport taxes on autos and tractors cancelled.
- Minority reservations to be increased to 12% as mentioned in manifesto.
- Widows and senior citizens will get 1500 pension from Dassera.
- Granting Rs 1 Cr. rupees for the development of Ravindra Bharathi.
- Rs 480 Crores input subsidy for farmers.
- To withdraw cases on students.
- Recruitment of 3600 vacancies in police department.