Prashant Kishore, the master strategist of Congress who has been tasked to draw the poll strategy for the party, may soon end bond with the party, if the reports emanating from the AICC are any indication.
What are the reasons?
· PK tried to forge an alliance with the Samajwadi Party without the knowledge of Congress High Command. It is against the Congress’ stated position of ‘going alone’
· PK tried to form a grand alliance with SP, RLD and if possible with the left which is also against the wishes of Congress top brass
· PK’s idea of putting Priyanka Gandhi as the face of the party is completely shot down
· PK has serious differences with UP Congress leaders and the recent exit of Rita Bahuguna was cited as a major one.
· Congress’ UP in-charge Ghulam Nabi Azad has serious differences with PK
· Congress suspects PK working more for SP rather than Congress
· PK believes that revival of Congress is tough due to leadership crisis.