Telangana CM K. Chandrasekhar Rao has stated that the Survey on 19th August is to resolve irregularities occured in providing benefits of social welfare schemes to people. Speaking to Press CM KCR mentioned example of current count of ration cards (20 lakhs) vs number of families living in the state and also extended concern on conflicts happend in Indiramma Housing scheme.
Highlights of CM KCR press meet are:
* No RTC bus will run on Survey day.
* There is no Fee reimbursement scheme in Telangana, FAST scheme is only there.
* No letter has been received from central government regarding to this survey.
* Submitting Bank Account details in survey is not mandatory.
* Telangana Governor has authorities as per Article 168 of the Constitution, no additional powers are granted.
* If central government will move friendly with us, then we also move friendly with central government.
* Government will provide 22% reservations for SC and ST in the Market Committee and University Executive Council Body.
* Constructing hostel buildings for Dalit girls in every constituency.