K Chandrashekar Rao the Telangana Chief Minister reached Assembly an hour before the budget was to be presented.
This budget is only for 10 months. The highlights of the budget below..
1. Rs 100 crore for the welfare of Telangana martys’ families
2. E Rajendra: Total outlay of #Telangana budget is 1 lakh 637 Cr. Our Govt is committed towards the formation of a golden Telangana
3. Service sector share in GSDP: 58 per cent; Agriculture: 14 per cent
4. To highlight power crisis BJP legislators walk with lanterns
5. 6500 crores of total budgets for -#irrigation. 4 lift irrigation projects in -#Mahabubnagar.
6. Rs 10 cr for welfare of journalists
7. To restore 9000 lakes Rs 2000 Crs
8. Rs 10crs for Farm Mechanisation and Rs 20Crs for Crop Colony -#telangana
9. Revenue Surplus : 300+ Crores
10. Rs 17,000 crore farm loans waived, Rs 4,250 crore deposited in bank -#Telangana Budget
11. Fiscal Deficit : 17000 Cr
12. Non Plan Expenditure : 52000 Cr
13. Plan Expenditure : 48000 Cr
14. Disabled welfare fund Rs 36.75 cr
15. #Telangana govt allocated 1030 Cr rupees for the minority welfare. Which is less than 1% of total bugdet outlay.
16. Non plan expenditure is Rs. 51,989 crore; Plan expenditure is Rs. 48,648 crore; Estimated revenue surplus is 301 crore; Fiscal deficit estimated at Rs. 17,398 crore.
17. Development of district government hospitals Rs 42 cr
18. Water grid Rs 2000 cr
19. Rajender: The budge is only available for ten months of current financial year 2014-15,but it has been so programmed to integrate see lesson into the five year perspective plan 2014-19.
20. Budget is a major departure from the past both in its approach and content. People suggestions were sought at village and ward level before preparing the budget: Etela
21. Short, medium and long term action plans conceived for which 14 task force committees constituted
22. Finance Minister: First time, a newly formed state has attempted to democratize the entire process of budget making