Three of a family die of electrocution in Mahabubnagar

die-of-electrocutionHyderabad, (IANS) Three members of a family died of electrocution in Telangana’s Mahabubnagar district on Friday, police said.

A couple and their son died when they came in contact with electric fencing erected to protect their crop from wild animals.

The incident occurred in Pandiri Hanumanpalli village under Togapur gram panchayat limits.

T. Venkataiah, an agriculturist who had erected electric fencing to protect his maize crop, went to the field in the morning when his pet dog died of electrocution after coming into contact with the barricade.

He accidentally touched the live fencing and died on the spot.

Venkataiah’s wife and son rushed to the field on learning about the accident.

Venkataiah’s son Kishtaiah also touched the fencing without disconnecting the power supply. Kishtaiah’s mother tried to rescue him and she was also electrocuted.

The incident plunged the village into gloom. Senior police officials visited the scene.

Medaram Jathara

Connect with us

© 2012 - 2016 VIL Media Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved,
Contents of are copyright protected.Copy and/or reproduction and/or re-use of contents or any part thereof,
without consent of VIL Media is illegal.Such persons will be prosecuted.